There are a number of reasons to consider investing in an urgent care franchise, but when it comes to picking the right franchise to invest in, we’re sure you’ll have plenty of questions. Here’s a primer on why picking AFC is the right decision.
Here’s a quick look at 17 facts that will help you decide whether to invest in an urgent care franchise like American Family Care:
- The first American Family Care Clinic (AFC) was opened in 1982 by D. Bruce Irwin, M.D. Since then, our model of “putting the patient first” and providing an alternative, non-emergency room option for urgent care has made us an industry leader and a patient favorite at our clinics throughout the country.
- AFC centers provide access to primary care, urgent care, minor emergency treatment, and occupational medicine.
- AFC decided to expand and began franchising in 2008.
- In 2013, AFC bought the Doctor’s Express franchise system and quickly expanded their footprint nationally.
- AFC is presently the largest operator of urgent care centers in the United States.
- In July 2017, AFC partnered with American Development Partners on a $1 billion contract that will fund the growth of an additional 300 American Family Care locations.
- By the end of 2017, AFC plans to operate over 200 facilities across 26 states, caring for more than two million patients each year.
- We are actively recruiting new potential franchisees in all major U.S. markets.
- Urgent care franchises provide a more affordable and convenient option for patients. Our average patient visit lasts about an hour from registration to discharge.
- The urgent care franchise industry generates approximately $14.5 billion annually, despite providing patients with reduced costs compared to hospital and emergency department visits.
- Our Franchise Fee is a modest $55,000, which compares favorably both with competitors and franchises across industries.
- The Initial Investment for potential franchisees ranges approximately between $807,000 and $1.43 million.
- Conversion candidates pay a significantly lower initial investment amount (usually up to $250,000) and franchisee fee ($27,500).
- Franchisees receive on-site training as well as training at our headquarters prior to the launch of their business. This training will continue as necessary to keep franchisees up to date with the latest industry standards and trends.
- In addition to the training, franchisees receive franchise support for the life of their business to help them navigate through challenges that might arise as franchise owners.
- Franchisees only need eight full-time employees to get their unit open and operational.
- American Family Care has been honored with several awards and distinctions, including recently being named the 2017 winner for Franchise Times’ “Best Franchises to Buy” distinction.
For more information on investing in an urgent care franchise and joining the American Family Care family, contact us today to speak with a representative.