If you’ve been browsing the different franchise opportunities out there, you might have encountered opportunities for healthcare franchise investments. The franchise model is increasingly being used in the healthcare industry, particularly in the urgent care sector, and has proven to be a promising business format that helps improve organizational efficiency and competitiveness, as well as the quality of care provided to patients.
Table of Contents
So, what is urgent care? Urgent care is a sector of the healthcare industry that provides non-life-threatening medical care services to patients from all walks of life. Historically, sick and injured people have had to wait hours in emergency rooms to receive medical attention, only to be charged exorbitant fees at the end of the process. Urgent care centers offer convenient and affordable services to patients, making them an integral part of the healthcare industry.
Let’s take a look at the numbers. According to IBISWorld, the urgent care industry has a market size of over $45 billion and is expected to grow by 0.5% in 2022, having increased by around 7% per year on average since 2017. This means that the market size of the urgent care industry alone has grown faster than the economy overall.
As experts in the urgent care franchise industry, AFC has laid out some of the main reasons you should buy a healthcare franchise and what you should look for in healthcare franchise opportunities.
Why You Should Buy a Healthcare Franchise
- The industry is booming: As we indicated above, the urgent care healthcare franchise industry is undergoing exceptional growth. Research has shown that the healthcare franchise industry has experienced massive growth since the pandemic, thanks to an increased focus on healthcare services. There has never been a better time to invest in a healthcare franchise.
- Help people and serve your community: Healthcare franchise owners are afforded the daily gift of being able to help others in times of need and serve their communities, making a career in the healthcare franchise industry exceptionally rewarding. By embarking on a franchise investment in healthcare, you’ll be able to provide hundreds of people with the urgent care services they need at an affordable price.
- Less risk involved: The franchise business model is associated with much lower risks of investment when compared to starting a business on your own. The healthcare franchise industry is no exception to this rule, and healthcare franchises are more likely to succeed than individual businesses.
- Your background doesn’t matter: Urgent care franchise investors come from all walks of life. Whether you are a doctor or a nurse, an investor or an executive looking for a change of pace, franchise opportunities in the healthcare industry are the perfect investment option.
- Multiple revenue streams: Because of the wide range of treatment services offered by urgent care franchises, investing in a healthcare franchise will give you access to a broad customer base and multiple income streams. Anyone might need urgent medical care anytime, making medical franchise investments highly profitable business endeavors.
What You Should Look for in Healthcare Franchise Investment Opportunities
The number of healthcare investment opportunities in the urgent care sector is steadily increasing, so you should be armed with all the necessary facts about buying a healthcare franchise before jumping into anything. Here’s what you should look for in healthcare franchise opportunities:
- Established brand awareness: Brand awareness is essential to gaining consumer trust and is vital to business success. By partnering with a well-known brand like AFC, with nearly 300 locations across the country, you’ll be able to tap into an existing customer base seeking a consistent brand experience for patient care.
- Training and ongoing support: One of the significant benefits of investing in a healthcare franchise is the unlimited support and training you will receive. AFC urgent care centers provide high-quality medical facility training, one of the most critical components of making your business successful. Your AFC training experience will start when you join the AFC family and will continue throughout your journey.
- Services offered: Does the franchise you are interested in investing in have various treatment options and services, allowing you to profit from a diverse income stream? By providing a comprehensive range of health services efficiently, AFC fills the void between retail clinics with limited services and inefficient hospital ERs.
- Multi-unit opportunities: Multi-unit franchise investment opportunities are an excellent way to increase overall revenue while minimizing costs by sharing resources. When you operate multiple AFC clinics, you’ll have the opportunity to offer affordable, accessible urgent care services to a broader client base. This is an excellent goal for anyone looking to help others while maximizing the potential for profit in the healthcare franchise industry.
- Transparency and honesty around costs: You should look out for hidden fees and minimal disclosure of the costs involved in opening a healthcare center franchise. At AFC, we pride ourselves on our transparent and honest approach to investment cost disclosure.
Is It Worth It? AFC’s Urgent Care Franchise Investment Costs
Compared to other healthcare franchise investments or purchasing a business, we offer a financially competitive solution to starting a business of your own, whether as a single-unit franchisee or a multi-unit owner.
A medical franchise investment with AFC is a great way to break into a thriving industry. The total initial investment cost is estimated to be between $1,000,000 and $1,500,000, including the initial franchise fee of $60,000 and the various average real estate costs. Our royalty fee is just 6% of gross sales on an ongoing basis. This fee will entitle you to operate under the AFC brand name and to the continuing support we’re proud to offer our franchisees.
Do you already own an urgent care clinic? If you’re looking for a way to improve your bottom line, converting to an AFC franchise could help you see impressive results. When converting an existing urgent care facility to an AFC center, the estimated initial investment ranges from $144,500 to $480,500, including an initial fee of $45,000.
Would you like to learn more about the benefits of joining the AFC family to open your urgent care center franchise location? Contact us today to start your AFC journey!